Whether you celebrate the holiday or not, everyone can appreciate a drink to raise your spirits. Except, some traditional drinks are getting pretty stale, and eggnog makes me nauseous. So, I have three easy recipes for cocktails to take you from day to night to keep your spirits merry and bright (poetry).
Grown-Up Hot Chocolate:
- 1 cup of milk
- one packet of instant hot chocolate or cocoa powder and sugar to your liking
- 2 oz Bailey’s (that amount is flexible)
Heat up the milk, add in the cocoa, and finish with the Bailey’s. Top off with some marshmallows and a candy cane for some added flair.
- 1 oz of vodka
- 3 oz of cranberry juice
- 3 oz of champagne or sparkling wine
Pour in the vodka and cranberry juice and give that a swirl. Then, pour in the bubbles.
- 2 oz of Fireball Whiskey (or any favorite whiskey is fine, but Fireball has that added cinnamon flavor)
- 2 oz of apple juice or cider
In a rocks glass (with or without ice, whatever you prefer), pour in the Fireball Whiskey and apple juice/cider and give it a swirl. Throw in a cinnamon stick for garnish.